Have questions? Read through our FAQs below. Still can't find an answer? Visit our support page for order-related inquiries, help with your Transparent Language product, or to simply contact us.
Traditional language-learning programs are lengthy and inflexible. Our web-based technology and virtual instruction focus on developing language in a fun, engaging, and cost-effective way. Transparent Language programs develop skills more quickly and reliably, and for a wider range of languages than anyone else.
We differentiate ourselves in three key ways:
- In addition to supporting more languages, Transparent Language Online also provides more learning material and activities in each language. Each language course contains over 2,300 unique words and phrases. This vocabulary is organized into lessons with a wide variety of engaging learning activities, all presented with native speaker pronunciation. The breadth of learning material and variety of activities means that all levels of language learners are covered with Transparent Language Online.
- We cover all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Would you ever buy a math tutoring system that left out addition? Of course not. Transparent Language Online is the only major language-learning system that actually teaches students the alphabet and how to type in the language.
- We help customers sustain what they learn. Without practice, newly acquired language skills quickly disappear. Transparent Language Online's learned words and phrases refresh system is designed to keep that from happening. The refresh algorithm keeps track of when a learned word or phrase becomes "Stale" or is at risk of being forgotten. The best thing about it? Users don't need to track anything. The program handles all of the Fresh and Stale words and phrases, allowing users to focus on what's really important – mastering more of their new language. In this way, Transparent Language Online is designed to be not only a language-learning tool, but also a system for lifelong sustainment.
Transparent Language Online includes access to over 105 different language courses, including English. We are always expanding the list of languages we support, so please contact us for more information.
We build courses for English beginners as well as intermediate and advanced English learners. The beginner material is built using a paired approach, leveraging the student's native language. The intermediate-advanced material is taught using just English. This approach helps students develop conversational skills, cultural awareness, vocabulary, and pronunciation. The courses are organized around useful, real-life topics like navigating the work environment, getting a job, building relationships, and handling money. Each lesson is built on a conversation, and students listen to native speaker audio before practicing and recording their own pronunciation of the English phrases. For more information, visit www.transparent.com/education/english-learning.html.
Yes. With the Instructor Portal authoring capabilities, teachers and instructors can create their own content with text, audio files, and pictures and then assign it to their students. The purchase of instructor licenses is required.
Upon receipt of a purchase order or payment, Transparent Language Online can be up and running within 1-2 business days.
Our Learning Management System tracks and reports on an extensive range of metrics, including holistic usage, usage by language, individual performance, mobile usage, and time on task, among others. Reporting is available 24-7 and can be exported and downloaded.
We have a wealth of printable materials such as vocabulary lists, eBooks, and grammar guides.
Our language learning technology works on both PCs and Macs, and it can be used with all major browsers. Please contact us for specific system requirements.
We provide webinars to all faculty and staff who are interested in learning more about the features of Transparent Language Online. These private webinars are scheduled around a common time that works for your staff and can be tailored to specific needs or questions.
Training on the Transparent Language Online program is included at no additional charge to schools who subscribe to the program. Simply contact your Educational Representative to setup a webinar.
We have completed a number of case studies on our education customers. For more information, visit www.transparent.com/case-studies/.
Transparent Language Online is no different than any other web-based site, such as a news site, which also offers resources varying from text to videos. The amount of resources our application will consume varies depending on if the learner is viewing grammar videos, flipping flash cards, or simply returning to a cached page containing text resources. It would be safe to say the facility can support the same number of learners using Transparent Language Online as web browsers they support during the day.
Transparent Language Online can authenticate through various proxies including EZProxy. For our specific EZProxy integration please go here: support.transparent.com/?p=380. For other Proxy questions please contact us.
Mobile apps are available for iOS and Android devices at no additional change. The program is also fully mobile responsive, so the entire program can be accessed directly through a web browser on a mobile device (tablet or mobile phone). If accessing the website through a mobile device web browser, the program will automatically enhance the experience for the user and take them to the mobile version of the site.
To support users in getting started and beyond, Transparent Language Online includes a number of instructional aids, such as a robust help system, tutorial videos, screen overlays, and onscreen instructions. Technical support for end users is available via toll-free phone and email M-F 9am-5pm US Eastern time. Email cases and in-product web form submissions are generally responded to within 24 hours. Transparent Language will provide designated administrators with high priority email that will be available 24/7/365. Email is regularly monitored by Transparent Language personnel during regular business hours and during off hours. An extensive knowledge base and support contact form can also be found at support.transparent.com.
For an in-depth look at the listing of the WCAG 2.0 criteria for software applications and web sites with our current assessment of Transparent Language Online status for each criteria, visit support.transparent.com/?page_id=515.
A VPAT is also available for download at support.transparent.com/?page_id=595.
We provide three programs to help schools address their language-learning needs:
- Curriculum-integrated solutions – Transparent Language Online lets teachers create and customize the learning material to meet the goals of the classroom. The integrated assignment and tracking capabilities increase teacher productivity and drive student usage to improve learning outcomes.
- "Language lab-ready" solutions – Transparent Language Online contains hundreds of hours of learning material, allowing language labs to provide students with supplemental resources for their classroom activities.
- Live online instruction and tutoring – Transparent Connect extends traditional online and classroom learning by providing students with access to live, professionally-trained online instructors and tutors. This enhanced learning experience provides students with more one-on-one time, as well as the opportunity to participate in real conversation practice.
These programs can be used individually, or they can be combined at a bundled rate for greater effectiveness. For more information, visit www.transparent.com/education/k-12-language-solutions.html.
Pricing is based on the number of users and on the service/options needed. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Our live online instructors can run classes for your students in a virtual classroom space. All you need is a way for students to get online, generally a computer lab or laptop cart. Our instructors can teach from an existing curriculum or they can design a curriculum based on your district or school's guidelines.
No problem. With Transparent Language Online, it is not required that a facilitator speaks a foreign language. Students move through the program at their own pace, using the adaptive exercises and activities to help them learn. Classroom facilitators can run reports on student progress to help them determine how quickly students are moving through the program.
We have a children's language-learning solution called "KidSpeak". This program is available with a paid Transparent Language Online subscription, or can be purchased separately.
We provide three programs to help schools address their language-learning needs:
- Curriculum-integrated solutions – Transparent Language Online lets instructors create and customize the learning material to meet the goals of their curricula. The integrated assignment and tracking capabilities increase instructor productivity and drive student usage to improve learning outcomes.
- Supplemental resource solutions – Transparent Language Online contains hundreds of hours of learning material, allowing language-learning resource centers to offer supplemental resources for world language students.
- Independent self-study solutions – Transparent Language Online contains full courses and dozens of resources that allow students to build and maintain language skills in over 80 different languages, all on their own.
These programs can be used individually, or they can be combined at a bundled rate for greater effectiveness. For more information, visit www.transparent.com/education/.
Pricing for higher education institutions is sold in two ways: based on the school community's full time population or on a smaller scale to a group of students, such as those taking classes through the language department. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Subscriptions to Transparent Language Online come with access to all available languages in the system. You can remove languages from the list of available languages visible to your students, should you wish to do so.
Transparent Language Online goes as deep as your students want to take it. The primary learning materials, our Essentials courses, go up to the advanced-beginner or intermediate level. However, the Essentials courses are supplemented by 100+ additional vocabulary units, as well as thousands of free, user-created resource sets online.
Yes, Transparent Language Online is compatible with EZproxy®.
Students will sign in through your school's designated Transparent Language Online URL. Administrators and teachers can create accounts or allow students to create their own. Various types of authentication can be put in place to verify that users are allowed to create an account within that given school, including barcodes/student ID filtering, HTTP referral, and IP filtering.
We can provide your school with digital and/or printed resources to help build usage. For example, one customer boosted student usage with information and an image on their library's homepage. Other colleges and universities have had great success with posters, flyers, table tents, and bookmarks. We provide this support free of charge and can customize resources to your school.