New and improved features
- Brand New Look: The new design optimizes screen space and minimizes distractions.
- Easier Access to Reporting, Authoring, and Instructor Tools: Access to these important tools is only a click away.
- Flexible Learning Path: Build a lesson plan for yourself. Add lessons by any author on any topic to your "path" for learning at a later date.
- More Platforms: Now optimized for touchscreen use on Android™ tablets and iPads, the new CL-150 works on virtually any Internet-connected device or computer.
- Improved Search: Search all available lessons and their content with keywords in any language. Faster and better than ever.
- Practice Activities: Want to learn a little bit of the language without taking an entire course? Practice listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills with learning material from any lesson using over a dozen challenging activities.
- Smarter Insight and Review: The redesigned learned words and phrases chart tells you how much you've learned and when it's time to review. Now, you can also receive a Daily Refresher email when it's time to review or practice.
Features users already love
- 120+ Languages (And Growing!): From Afrikaans to Zulu, the number of languages available to learners is constantly growing.
- Alphabet Lessons: You can't learn to read or write if you don't know the alphabet. Get started on the right foot with our Alphabet course.
- Speaking Practice: We leverage our proprietary EveryVoice™ technology to speech-enable classic learning activities like Multiple Choice and Pronunciation Practice, allowing you to compare your pronunciation to that of a native speaker.
- Typing Activities: Never typed in a foreign language before? No problem! Beginners start with Easy Typing to input foreign characters. Intermediate learners can advance to type with the included fully-mapped native keyboard.
- Core Skill-Building Activities:Builds all four core skills; listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Domain-Specific Content:The CL-150 includes materials for a wide range of domains, including military advising/partnership, counter insurgency, disaster relief, peacekeeping, medical, SERE, intelligence, and more.
- Tests and Assessments:Open proficiency tests and diagnostic assessments in the CL-150 use the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale. These open tests should be used informally, in preparation for more formal testing such as the DLPT and OPI.
- Mobile and Web Applications:Smartphone, tablet (iOS and Android™), PC, and Mac technologies are available for over 120 languages.
- Offline Learning Mode:Not connected to the Internet? No problem. The CL-150 app allows you to continue learning when you happen to find yourself without an Internet connection.
- Self-Reporting:This feature allows users to record time spent on language learning outside of the CL-150.
Features for instructors
- Class Management:Easily organize and manage classes of students, create assignments, track student activity, and much more.
- Progress Tracking:Never worry about status reporting again. You can run reports on a range of real-time user statistics, both individual and class-wide. Reports can be printed or maintained digitally for training staff.
- Lesson Authoring:The LessonGin lesson authoring tool allows licensed instructors to use authentic content to create ILR level-appropriate lessons with an array of customizable activities.
- Built-in Messaging:Send messages to your class at any time to remind students about assignments, due dates, and other useful information.
- Shareable Content and Lesson Plans:Seamlessly interact with peer instructors and the greater CL-150 Instructor Community by allowing instructors to modify and share created content and lesson plans with one another.
Features for administrators
- Usage Tracking:Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, administrators can generate real-time usage reports for tracking learner sustainment and enhancement efforts at a class level, instructor level, group level, and organization level.
- Unlimited Access:We don't limit the number of concurrent users and every learner can access the program as much as they want during the entire subscription period.
- Staff Training and Support:From webinars to technical support questions, we're here to help! Just give us a call or send us an email.