What are the policies and guidelines?
- Instructors will contact the student within 2 business days after the purchase of the tutoring time.
- All teachers must show up for all scheduled sessions. If an instructor knowingly cannot attend a session, he/she must give the student at least 72 hours notice. In the case of illness, the instructor must email the cancellation to student as soon as possible.
- If a student fails to be available at the time scheduled, teachers must wait for at least 15 minutes and then must send an email to let students know that they are leaving.
- Students can reschedule a maximum of two sessions but must give 24 hours notice. If a student fails to give 24 hours notice or misses more than two sessions, they forfeit the time for the missed session.
- 90 minute sessions can be used in one three potential increment scenarios; one 90 minute session, two 45 minute sessions, or three 30 minute sessions. Sessions are scheduled dependent on the availability of both the student and the instructor.
- Students will have 3 months from the time of purchase to make use of their tutoring sessions.
- Students may be refunded 100% of the course fee within 30 calendar days after the purchase of the tutoring time if
- a) They have not used any of the minutes, or
- b) If they are unhappy with the course as a whole after trying it.
- Cost is non-refundable if more than 45 minutes have been used. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each Tutor will make reasonable efforts to adapt the tutoring material to the capabilities and objectives of his or her students. You agree that all Tutorials and Tutorial materials are to be used by you solely in connection with your Tutorial and that you will not reverse engineer, distribute, copy, license or sell any software, data, text or other information or materials obtained by you through the Tutorial or Site.
- You agree that at all times you will abide by the Transparent Connect Code of Conduct, set out below, and that your failure to abide by the Code of Conduct may result in the termination of your participation in the Tutorial and use of the Site.
- You represent and warrant to TLI that communications or content submitted by you to the Tutorial or Site do not and will not:
- infringe any third party's copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- violate any applicable law;
- be combative, defamatory or libelous;
- be lewd, pornographic or obscene;
- promote violence or contain hate speech;
- contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other similar harmful or deleterious programming routines.
- You understand and agree that Tutorials may be monitored live and/or recorded electronically. You hereby release TLI, its agents, employees, successors, assigns and licensees from all liability or obligation any of them may have to you arising out of or in connection with the audio or video recordings of you or any Tutorial including, without limitation, from any claim or liability with respect to privacy, publicity, defamation or any similar right or claim.
- TLI warrants to you that the Tutorial curriculum and materials will meet professional standards for remote language learning and that the Tutor will be a professional language instructor proficient in the language of the Tutorial. TLI cannot warrant that the Tutorial will be awarded course credit by any particular institution.
TLI MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE CONTENT OF THE TUTORIAL AND SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.
- You acknowledge that TLI assumes no liability or responsibility for the content of the Tutorial or Site or for errors, omissions or ambiguities with respect to either. You agree that your sole remedy in case of a breach by TLI of its warranties hereunder shall be a refund of the purchase price of the Tutorial and that in no event will TLI be liable for any additional costs or damages whatsoever arising out of the Tutorial or Site or the content of either, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages.
- You understand that TLI does not review, and has no control over, any Tutorial or Site content or communications and that, in participating in the Tutorial and using the Site, you agree to hold TLI harmless from and against any claims or causes of action you may have with respect to any such content or communications including, specifically, the subject matter, form, expression or substance of any content or communications.
- TLI has not reviewed and does not review any websites that may be linked to the Site, and specifically disclaims responsibility for the content of any such sites.
- You understand that TLI and Tutor cannot assure that each scheduled Tutorial will commence or conclude at the times scheduled or that a specific instructor will lead a given Tutorial and you agree that TLI and all Tutors shall have no liability whatsoever for the cancellation, delay or abbreviation of any Tutorial or the identity of the Tutor for any given Tutorial. Although TLI cannot reschedule classes at the request of a student, any student who is unable to attend a scheduled class my request advice on how appropriately to supplement that student's course of studies to make up for the missed class.
Code of conduct
Each person enrolled in a TLI Tutorial has the right to a productive and supportive learning environment. In order to foster that environment, all persons enrolled in a TLI Tutorial are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner and with due regard to the educational objectives of TLI, Tutors, and all Tutorial students. By enrolling in a TLI Tutorial, all Tutorial students agree:
- to engage with the Tutor and all Tutorial students in a respectful and courteous manner;
- to conduct themselves in a manner that promotes the educational objectives and experience of all Tutorial students;
- to refrain from making comments or engaging in activities that a reasonable person could find offensive or detrimental to a proper learning environment including, but not limited to, making demeaning, disruptive or offensive comments or otherwise engaging in inappropriate, disruptive or distracting behavior;
You understand that if, in TLI's sole judgment, you are not in compliance with the provisions of this Code of Conduct, your participation in any Tutorial or with the Site may be terminated without reimbursement of any fees paid by or due from you.