Contact: Chuck McGonagle
Online Language-Learning System Enables Organizations to Provide Learning in over 80 Languages to their Members
New Transparent Language Online™ brings rapid-learning technology developed for use by US Department of Defense organizations to public libraries, educational institutions, and corporations
Nashua, N.H., November 28, 2011 - Transparent Language, Inc. now offers Transparent Language Online™, an effective and engaging language-learning program for library, education, and corporate organizations and their members. Accessible online via web-browser, Transparent Language Online is the company's commercial version of their systems developed to deliver rapid and reliable language training to US Department of Defense organizations, including the US Marine Corps, US Navy, Defense Language Institute, and many others.
"Transparent Language is working to improve our nation's language capability," said Michael Quinlan, CEO of Transparent Language, Inc. "We are honored to work with Defense Language Institute and all of our government's largest language schools and programs, but we know that the real need is to improve language skills throughout American society, not just government. Transparent Language Online now provides organizations of all types with the same game-changing language learning that we provide to the top national language schools and programs."
Transparent Language Online is packed full of pronunciation, speech, grammar, writing, and vocabulary building lessons for over 80 languages. Featuring top-of-the-line courses combined with extensive social media resources, Transparent Language Online is the most complete language-learning system available to businesses, public libraries, schools, and their members.
The Transparent Language Online language-learning program contains:
- Essentials Courses - 33 lessons to get every learner started
- Byki Quick Start - 10 lists of key words and phrases for learners with limited learning time
- Byki Vocabulary - a full library of supplemental vocabulary lists
- Language Reference - resources to explore higher-level language and culture elements
- Language & Culture Blogs - designed to add variety and depth to the learning experience
- Word of the Day - makes language learning part of learners' daily routines
- Online Social Communities - learners can interact with Transparent Language's online community of over 2 million fans, followers, and friends, all learning language together
- Pronunciation and Conversation Practice - record, playback, and compare speech to the pronunciation of real native speakers
- SlowSound Technology - slow down speech to hear every nuance
- Interactive Games - including Four-Square, Game Show, Unscramble, and more
- Byki Mobile for iPhone® and Android™ devices - allows for language learning on-the-go
- Proficiency tests
Transparent Language Online is available as a subscription service to organizations. Pricing and subscription models vary by organization type and size.
For public libraries, Transparent Language Online is available exclusively through Recorded Books, LLC, a leading provider of recorded audio and specialized database solutions. For more information, visit www.transparent.com/rb/.
Educational institutions, businesses, and other organizations should contact Transparent Language, Inc. for more information by visiting www.transparent.com/corporate/.
About Transparent Language, Inc.
At Transparent Language, we leverage our expertise in technology and in the research and practice of language learning and teaching to build unique capabilities for use by US Government agencies and organizations, as well as hundreds of public libraries, thousands of schools, and millions of individuals. We care about all languages, regardless of commercial value. We believe that language technology needs to work for all courses and curricula, not just a few courses. It needs to benefit not only individuals, but entire programs. We believe that great language technology not only changes the user experience; it transforms the economics, logistics, and reliability of language learning.